Friday, September 2, 2011

Bodyguard


So this is a Fat Girl Follies first. I'm going to review movies over here as well and what better way to start than with a Salman Khan movie.

First let me get this out of the way... this was waaaaaaay better than Karzzzzzzz. I was bored in the first half of Bodyguard but I didn't feel like jamming a stick up my nose and make milkshake out of my brains like when I saw Karzzzzz. I'm just glad that Himmes-bhai has gone back to doing what he does best and that's making music. (Sorry makers of Karzzzz... I know you worked hard on the movie but you don't touch original movies like Karz)

In the first half of the movie I was like, "Salman darling... I adore you but I must draw the line somewhere. Ghar ke logg hai, ok you want to help out as many people as you can but pardon my French... WTF??" But somehow he managed to salvage the movie in the last 30 mins. I actually did like that fight sequence and this time it was water that took his shirt off. I wonder if in the next one, fire will burn it off. (Should I copyright this fire burning shirt idea? lolz)

And I know Lovely Singh is the Bodyguard and he's supposed to be very buff and body shody but why was he walking like he was carrying a coconut under each of his armpits? Oh well. At least I got to see what I've always wanted to see... Salman making his pecs dance.

On the whole... if you are a Salman Khan fan and want to see him prosper, go to the cinema and spend some money to see it. Otherwise wait for the DVD to come out or the channel COLORS will show it in 2-3 months.

Now I'm going into Bodyguard recovery by watching Dabangg.


No comments: